Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a neurocognitive disorder typically characterized by difficulties in executive functioning skills (i.e., organization/planning, attention/focus, memory and processing speed, emotional control, problem solving).
There are three types of ADHD:
- ADHD, Predominantly Inattentive Presentation
- ADHD, Predominantly Hyperactive-Impulsive Presentation
- ADHD, Combined Presentation
At CITC, an assessment of ADHD would include:
- A psychological assessment of overall cognitive ability, academic progress, and selective and sustained attention skills.
- Administration of diagnostic assessment tools to investigate for possible additional processing deficits (e.g., memory, language processing, visual/sensory/motor processing, executive functioning).
- Questionnaires/rating scales will be given to the person being assessed, as well as caregivers as appropriate (e.g., parents, teachers) to assess for potential environmental, social-emotional and/or behavioural factors (e.g., anxiety/OCD, depression, ASD) that may be impacting their performance.”
If you require more information about ADHD assessments or would like to book an initial consult please contact email@example.com or call/text 416-570-5050