A psychoeducational assessment involves a comprehensive assessment of cognitive and academic functioning, as well as an evaluation of various information processing skills essential in learning (e.g., memory, oral language, phonological awareness abilities, executive functioning skills). At CITC we provide assessments for the purpose of:
- Identifying Learning Disabilities (e.g., reading, writing and math disabilities) and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) to better understand a child’s difficulties and get access to supports
- Providing comprehensive and practical recommendations for school and home, including classroom strategies tailored to the child’s specific learning needs and profile of strengths and weaknesses.
- Identifying Giftedness and strengths to support and effectively stimulated children at school to receive an enriched education.
- Obtaining an updated assessment of previously diagnosed Learning Disability or giftedness for school age, high school or post-secondary transitions.
A social-emotional assessment involves a comprehensive evaluation of various social-emotional difficulties that a child may experience. These include both internalizing (e.g., anxiety, depression) and externalizing conditions (e.g., attention and behavioural issues) that may be factors in a child’s academic challenges.
Alongside psychoeducational assessments, at CITC we provide social-emotional assessments for the purpose of:
- Identification and diagnosis of mood and anxiety disorders (e.g., Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Specific Phobias, Social Anxiety, Major Depression).
- Identification of behavioural issues (e.g. oppositional, emotional dysregulation, attention/concentration, adaptability, social skills).
- The generation of specific treatment recommendations (e.g., therapeutic approaches) as well as practical strategies for school and home.
What to Expect:
- Assessments usually involve 4-5 separate appointments. These include:
- An initial intake meeting with parents and child
- 1-3 separate assessment sessions with the child (each 2 hours in length)
- A final feedback meeting with parents
- A written report detailing assessment findings and recommendations will be provided following the final feedback meeting
- The entire process (from intake to final report) typically takes 3-5 week
At CITC we have experienced clinicians who provide psychoeducational assessments
Please contact email@example.com or call/text 416-570-5050 for more information.